Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Again

It's Sunday again. I will go to Church School and Church today and then out to see Phyllis sometime this afternoon. I will be interested to find out if they got to her eat anything else last evening.

Last evening I was exhausted and kept falling asleep in my chair. Finally I went on to bed at 8:30. At 10:00 I was still awake. I couldn't shut my mind down after all the events of the day. Finally, I got up and took one of my sleeping pills. I hadn't taken any of those in months. I had hoped I wouldn't need them ever again. I slept until 4:45 this morning. Then I got up and took my meds.

I heard from my younger son this morning by e-mail. We stay fairly well in touch. His daughter is over there with him until tomorrow and I have not heard anywhere near as much from him since she came. But I know they've been busy.

I haven't heard as much from my older son since he and his wife were here in May. I imagine they're busy too. They had just moved into a new place and were getting settled in when they left to come see me.

My daughter has called more lately....especially since my sister has been so sick. I appreciate that. She has her oldest granddaughter this next couple of weeks. They are going to camp again this year. They leave next Wednesday and will be gone through the last Sunday of the month. I hope to go over for one day either the 22nd or the 23rd. It depends on how Phyllis is doing as to whether I make it or not.

More later...

We had a great church service this morning focusing on Father's Day and a great potato bar dinner afterward. After I got home I took a short nap and then did my letters. I was going to go out to see Phyllis but the phone rang and I was asked to preside at one of the worship services at camp next month. So I spent the next three hours working on that challenge and also the morning devotions for camp. I am also doing the Temple School Course with the Living the Questions material. It will be a busy week. Now it's after eight and I haven't had my bath yet.

No comments: