Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Another Busy Wednesday

Last night was restful. I tried to watch the PBS American Experience show and did see most of it but I had a hard time staying awake. After it was over, I took my bath and went to bed and slept very well.

I'm going to do some cleaning this morning so I can come home to a clean house. I got my laundry done yesterday and ran the dishwasher last night.

Today I will fix dinner again at noon. We will have pork cutlets, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and veggies. We will have mixed fruit again for dessert. Tonight at 5:30, I have a PINCH meeting at the Church of God in Christ. After that, I will come home and pack and fix the meatloaf for Thursday's dinner. I will work in the morning so Leslie and I can leave at 2:00 in the afternoon.

I moved my summer sandals into the extra closet this morning. Yesterday morning I switched my clothing. It has cooled down and now I am ready to wear a little more sleeve. I could use a few more pair of shoes. I have two pair of black, brown and blue but some are pretty old and look very worn. I have to wear Clark's shoes because of the bunion on my left foot. They give my toes more room.

I will work in the morning tomorrow instead of the afternoon since Leslie and I will be leaving at 2:00 in the afternoon.

This is the end of my pay period and I will need to get my supervisor to sign my time sheet so I can fax it off in the morning.

About Romney,.... I think he has done some permanent damage to his campaign. He is rightfully perceived as out of touch with at least half the population. I continue to remind him that although I get by mostly on Social Security and a part time job, I am not unhappy and simply limit my wants and mostly spend money on needs. I do not consider myself a "victim". Furthermore, I worked over sixty years paying into Social Security and do not consider it an "entitlement".

In his own words, he has no desire to work for me so I have no desire to vote for him. I have looked for months for work outside of the government program I work for and have found that no one wants to hire a person 76 years old. I know they are not supposed to refer to my age but with all the experience I have had working all those years, and the fact that I am obviously healthy, they do not hire me. So it's not that I do not want to work, it's that no one will hire someone my age.

I hope other Republicans feel the same way. I also have no desire to vote for someone who feels Palestinians have no desire for peace. That's a very dangerous point of view.

No comments: