Monday, October 22, 2012

A Different Monday

I have a job interview this morning at 10:00. It's clerking part time at a shoe store. I don't believe I will take it though. My bunion hurts when I am on my feet too long. It woke me up at 12:30 this morning and I finally had to put the left foot on a small pillow to get back to sleep. It took an hour. My training job at least lets me sit to scan documents. I will go on to the interview though.

We will have hamburger pie and coleslaw for lunch/dinner today. Then I will go on to work afterward. I need to talk to my boss about working Wednesday morning instead of afternoon so I get get away to the Peace Colloquy Wednesday afternoon. I will then offer to work all day on the following Monday to make up the hours I will lose on Thursday and also to catch up my work. I hope she will not have a problem with that. Next Monday is also my evaluation and re-certification with Aime. I wonder if she will want to move me to another office this time. Time will tell.

I watched 60 Minutes on TV last night and will watch the last debate tonight. The presidential candidates are neck and neck. It's anyone's election. We will vote in two weeks.

More later....

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I know what you are going through. My Grandma used to have bunions and they can really hurt. I'm wondering about a job clerking. So many hours on your feet. I'm afraid you wouldn't be happy there.Hopefully something is just around the corner that will suit you. You are so organized and reliable...an employer would have a gem if he hired you.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Balisha. My problem with finding a job is my age. They take one look at me and think "one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel."