Friday, December 28, 2012

Big Friday

I got up very early this morning and began getting my self around to go to Independence to get my hair done at 7:00. Then I went to their Wal Mart store and bought my ink cartridges and envelopes for the class newsletter. When I got home I addressed the envelopes and then called Bob to ask what he wanted to do today. We decided to go to Bartlesville and check out the housing available there. I needed makeup and mascara anyway so that's where I have to go to get it. I also bought gasoline. It's $2.86 a gallon there instead of $3.19 like it is here.

We went to the chamber office and they gave us a lovely book all about Bartlesville and even information about the available rentals for seniors.

We drove around a bit and then went to have a look see at some of them. Most of them were apartment buildings with no garages or carports. We both want a carport at least to protect our vehicles. We would like to find some duplexes with either carports or garages. I can see it will take some time.

We ate fish and chips at the mall and then came on back home. I rested awhile after that, picked up my prescriptions and went to the bank for cash. Later he came over and we watched an old video called "The Horse Whisperer". It was quite good. It finished about 10:00 and he went home. I took my bath and am getting ready to go to bed.

We will meet in the morning for breakfast.

No comments: