Saturday, December 29, 2012

House Cleaning Saturday

I should do some house cleaning today. I have been doing it piecemeal for some time now since the weekend and Fridays are my most free days. Before fixing lunch and going to work almost every day I do something. But today I might have the opportunity to really do some serious cleaning.

I will meet Bob for breakfast in about ten minutes and then come back home and dig in.

I like housework and when this job (training) runs out in three years, if I'm still able bodied, I may clean some houses for extra money. I will need about $400 a month to supplement my social security. That's about what I earn with this 16 hour a week job training job. I am still able to save a couple of hundred dollars for my taxes and insurances now.

Both my house and car insurances come due in January. If the state of Kansas decides to let the refinery convert their real estate taxes to personal taxes and all home owners get a 40% tax increase, I will need to try to sell my house. There's no way I could save enough money to handle such an increase.

More later...time to leave..

We had the rest of the chili for lunch. Bob stayed awhile and then he left to go do some of his own housework. I read awhile until my kindle needed charging. He will be back between 5:30 and 6:00 to watch our nightly movie.

2 comments:

gameboysmile said...

Hello there, I found your site accidentally via Google at the same time as searching for a related subject, your site came up, it seems great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. Roof Repair Melbourne

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about house keeping always being something that's nipping at your heels. I occasionally have a great deep cleaning service come do things like windows and ovens. I have found I can be successful on my own if I just pick one thing, a drawer, shelf or closet, and give myself 10-20 min to whip it into shape. I do that once or twice a week and actually keep on top of things.