Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Disappointing Saturday

I had two offers on my house last night and neither of them was acceptable.

The first wanted me to accept $4,000 less then my price and also wanted me to pay their closing costs of $3500. The second offered $3,000 less then my price and wanted me to pay their $3800 closing costs. I would accept their offer if they would pay their own closing costs.

I told my realtor that closing costs were the responsibility of the buyer and I would not pay them. They can have them built into the loan. Neither of my prospects had any money.

I can't use my equity to pay others closing costs. I have to supplement my social security with the equity from my house. That's one reason I am selling my house. I can't afford the taxes and insurance on it and I need the extra income from the equity. I can only work three more years on this government job training program and the house and car keep costing me money. My savings are nearly gone. But I'll work at Wal Mart before I "give" away my equity in my house.

That's Nonsense!

More later....

UPDATE!

If the house appraises out alright, it is sold! The first couple came back with financing half the closing costs and paying the other half. I will need to sign the contract and the house has to be appraised and the financing assured before I can go any further.

I also want to see the inside of the place in Caney where I have planned to move. The manager is supposed to be sending me an application and when the maintenance man finishes painting, I can see the apartment. Perhaps that will be next week. Of course, I will quit my job. I certainly couldn't afford to drive over to Coffeyville every afternoon.

More later!

Carla came over this evening and we signed the contracts. The buyer is pre-approved for the loan so it's just up to the appraiser. Carla doesn't think there will be any problem.

4 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Wow mom, what a give me free bunch of people, stick it out mom

Love you

clairz said...

My goodness, some exciting times are coming.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I will be moving all next month. The closing is March 15th.

It sold in three weeks.

Betty said...

Congratulations! I'm glad your house sold so soon. You'll be glad you did it.