Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday at Last!

I feel conflicted. I have mentioned here more then once about the co-worker who doesn't scan at all and who saves her documents up until just about the end of the day and then puts them in my scan box or my file box. Well there was a meeting yesterday and it was decided to transfer her to Independence. After all my griping, I feel bad that she is leaving us. We will have a farewell party for her the first of the month.

My realtor reached me by e-mail this morning and it appears she will have an offer on the house for me later today. It will be interesting to see what that offer will be. Anything they want me to come down off my price will be right out of my equity. I cannot and will not give my house away. That would be giving away what I will need to supplement my social security income with for the rest of my life.

I am still packing. I now have about 20 boxes of stuff I don't use regularly stacked in the garage along the west wall.

I didn't hear anything about an offer on the house yet. They did show the house again at 1:00. Bob and I took off and went to Bartlesville and walked around the mall to kill some time. I bought some gas but that's all I bought.

I did check into a couple of rentals today. One was in Independence and it was a dump for $500. The other was in Caney and it may be my choice. It is nice. It's only one bedroom though. I will have to sell my bedroom furniture and give my second bedroom furniture to Billie Jo's granddaughter whose house burned down over the Christmas holiday. I will also sell my three piece wall unit and perhaps my dining room group. It depends on how much room there is in the apartment in Caney and how it's arranged. But first things first. First I have to get a contract on my house.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh, Margie...I do hope the offer is what you can accept. What a load off your shoulders that would be. Good luck...I'll say a little prayer for you. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I had two offers and neither of them was acceptable.

The first wanted me to accept $4,000 less that my price and also wanted me to pay the closing costs of $3500. The second offered $3,000 less then my price and wanted me to pay their $3800 closing costs.

I told my realtor that closing costs were the responsibility of the buyer and I would not pay them. They can have them built into the loan. Neither of my prospects had any money.

I can't use my equity to pay others's costs.

Nonsense!

P2P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.