Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Quiet Wednesday

Today should be relatively quiet although I do need to check back on the businesses I talked to about sponsoring the Juneteenth Celebration June 15th. That's Country Mart and the Coffeyville State Bank. I also need to see Carla, my realtor, about the same thing. I also need to talk to Sleep Inn and the Sav A Lot store about a sponsorship. The rest is up to the rest of the committee. I hope this thing goes off alright. It sounds like we've bit off quite a lot.

Then, of course, I also have the class reunion this weekend and the church camp in July from the 6th till the 12th. I keep losing teachers and having to find replacements. Now I am looking for a Junior teacher. Then I also have my MRI on Tuesday to try to find out what is making my neck and shoulders hurt. I have a lot on my plate right now. I'll be glad when all this is over. It's been stressful.

I took a couple of extra strength Tylenol before I went to bed at 9:30 last night but I still woke up at 2:15 with my neck and both shoulders hurting. I also was thinking about my need for the Junior teacher for camp so I got up and e-mailed another prospect. I haven't heard back from her yet but it's only 7:00 AM. But that kept me awake until I e-mailed her. I finally got back to sleep and awoke at 5:30.

I will fix our leftover tuna casserole for lunch. We'll have Bob's salad and a veggie and call it good. I have cupcakes or cookies for a dessert.

More later...

I called on my list of proposed sponsorships for the Juneteenth Celebration this morning and out of five tries, I got one positive and two I need to get back with on Tuesday. The one I have is for a business card sized ad on the poster.

Karan called a little bit ago and said her son-in-law had been out to the church with Bobby, her husband, and he said the roof was ruined. not only ruined but there were four holes in it and if it wasn't leaking already, it soon would. He said we need to get it covered before the next rain that is coming this weekend. I drove out there to look and there is a leak in the foyer and one ceiling tile is ruined. I called Karan back after talking to Bob and told her to have Jim get it covered as soon as he could. We are still waiting for an adjuster from the church to come and meet with a couple of contractors we have talked to. I have no idea when he will come. I am no longer pastor and Leslie is swamped at work evidently. Melissa, is working at the clinic in Nowata so she can't take care of it and Johnna is at work in Neodesha. So it is up to Leslie to get to it when she can. Maybe I shouldn't have given up the pastorate because I am free to get things done quickly.

No comments: