Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday Again

It's Thursday again and I haven't got a lot done. I went to the market and got a few things I needed (and some I didn't). Then I went out to church after that to see what Jim had done about getting the roof covered. He hadn't been there. Karan called after awhile and said he had gone out at 8:00 and replaced the plastic vents that were broken up on the roof and would have leaked into the church. We will still need a roof if the church ever sends an adjuster. I hope the ceiling doesn't leak in the meantime.

Then I read awhile and after that I started lunch/dinner. I made that hamburger pie we liked so well last month. I also fixed a salad out of Bob's makings and now we are ready for lunch whenever he gets home from delivering Meals on Wheels. He will come on over then. It appears to have about ten minutes left to cook but it's smelling good. Tonight we will attend his granddaughter's graduation from High School at 7:00.

Missy went out about 4:00 AM this morning and when she didn't come right back in, I began to get worried. Finally I heard a terrific cat fight. I went out with the broom and swept under my car and she came running in. She was bleeding from a scratch on her nose and also from one front paw and one back paw. She's been pretty subdued all day. I tried to wipe it off with a damp gauze cotton square but she hissed at me and didn't want me to touch her. So I left her to clean herself up. She's a little too old to fight anymore. (ten years old)

Missy has still lain around all day and not eaten anything nor drunk any water. She hasn't even used her litter box. She obviously does not feel good and she limps a little when she walks. I tried to tempt her into the kitchen with her treats but she wasn't particularly interested and that's amazing in itself. Finally though, she limped in and ate her four treats. Now she's back lying down on the living room floor.

No comments: