Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I got a lovely card and flowers from my eldest son and a dinner invitation from my daughter. I haven't heard anything yet from my youngest son. His daughter is there visiting and so he may be preoccupied.

I will go to church and then to dinner with my daughter, son-in-law and great grandchildren. They have reservations at Tavern on the Plaza. After that, I will do my usual Sunday afternoon letters. I have read the paper this morning and took it over to Bob so he can read it.

I slept pretty well last night and my arm has not hurt. I took a Tylenol before I went to bed and that may have precluded any pain. Missy, my cat, woke me up at 2:30 wanting to go out so I let her out for a little while. She didn't stay out long. She is still frightened of the unfamiliar territory. This photo is of her lying on my bed this morning on my pillow.



This is my dining room after I finished decorating it. This top photo doesn't show the chickens that are also right by the wall unit but the bottom one does.



More later...

After church, we went to Tavern on the Plaza for lunch. I had their grilled chicken and it was very good. I shared it with Cheyenne, my one year old great granddaughter. Maia, her sister sat on the other side of me and entertained me too. The little girls are darling. Both are very good natured. Cheyenne was asleep when we got to the restaurant but awoke soon afterward. I enjoyed the meal. Leslie got me a hilarious card and a cute little turtle for my collection that she brought me from the Grand Canyon. The card was from Missy, my cat. I wish I could share it here.

No comments: