Monday, July 1, 2013

Another Better Night

I had another pretty good night. I awoke early but not in pain. My arms appear to be much better. Maybe the change in blood pressure medicine helped. Only time will tell.

Today I will go to exercise class and afterward fix lunch. We are having hamburger pie..Judy's recipe. I like hers much better then mine.

It is my daughter's birthday. They are going to eat out in Bartlesville and then take in a movie. She invited me. That was sweet but she needs some quality time with her husband. I told her she didn't need her mother to tag along. I will be going out there for the 4th of July celebration on Thursday. I am fixing my potato salad. They are have four or five couples out for the evening's festivities. She is making homemade ice cream too. I love her homemade ice cream. John will cook outside. It's supposed to be nice so we may eat outside too. He will fix hot dogs, hamburgers and steak. Cyndi and Jeff will bring baked beans. They will probably have tea and pop too.

I need to go to the market today. I will need potatoes and pickles for my potato salad.

Melissa threw me a curve yesterday. She mentioned that the first Sunday of camp is Sacrament Sunday and wants us to serve the sacrament. I stewed about that all day. Finally at bedtime, I e-mailed the woman in charge of getting the presiders for the evening services and the Sunday morning service that such a decision would impact and asked for a list of her presiders for each service. I didn't want to alarm her by mentioning Melissa's suggestion. She seemed to have a difficult time finding people to preside and was kind of panically the last time she contacted me.

Then I e-mailed Kevin, the caretaker, to see if there were communion trays at the campgrounds. If there are not, I do not think we ought to try to do the communion. For one thing, there may be several hundred people there for the Sunday morning service and for another thing, we would not have enough of the small plastic communion cups for the service.

I had just stopped being concerned about the staffing when she brought that up. I would think that would be the responsibility of the person presiding since it would take several deacons to serve, not to mention the logistics of getting it set up and all together. I am not a micro-manager. When I ask someone to take a responsibility, I want them to do the planning for their own service. On top of all this...why would she wait until the last minute to bring it up? The camp begins on Saturday.

Oh well....we'll see how this works out.

2 comments:

Betty said...

No, no, noooooooooooo! No pickles in potato salad! lol.

I'm glad your arms are better.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Betty.

(Every recipe I have for potato salad calls for pickles or sweet relish) :)