Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

It's finally Independence Day and we will be going out to John and Leslie's for supper this evening. My potato salad has been in the frig for 24 hours now. It should be good! I hope!

I did go back up to the senior center yesterday afternoon and played Bingo. It was fun and good fellowship too. I won three times. I will take my prizes to camp to use for Bingo prizes there too. After the Bingo, I went to Caney to Dr. Burch's to pick up my left contacts. Now I have new sets for both eyes. When I got home I went over to Bob's and sat out on his porch and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Missy seems to be well now. She does some sneezing but other then that, she is no longer choking. Maybe the new cat food is working. It's the Iams that is to prevent hairballs.

I am out of several things in my cupboard and I need to go out to Wal Mart to restock. That is one thing I will do today. Tomorrow I will vacuum the house so I can leave it clean and come back to a clean house. I will also change my bed and do some laundry. Otherwise, I have no other plans for today.

More later...

We went to John and Leslie's this evening and had steak, potato salad, baked beans chips, dip, tea and pop. Then we had cake and homemade toffee ice cream. Everything was wonderful! Jeff and Cyndi were there and Bobby and Karan, Terry, Denise and Dee, and Jeromy and Marlene and the great grandchildren. We had a great time and Bob and I left about 8:00. We were exhausted but John did a wonderful job with the steaks and Leslie's ice cream was delicious but we were the oldest ones there and we were tired. So we came home and left the fireworks to the younger generation.

Folks are still setting off fireworks and it's 10:00 now. Missy is under the sofa and won't come out. Poor kitty!

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Joe and I were tired too...we left the fireworks to our young ones. Glad you had a good time.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

We did, balisha. The food was great!