Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Busy Saturday

Today will be busy. Bob and I just went to our regular Saturday morning breakfast at the new Eggberts. They are really busy!

I need to vacuum the house today and I have taken some stew meat out of the freezer to thaw for stew for lunch. If it thaws early enough, I will get it on and cook it in the slow cooker.

I got the second coat of stain and polyurethane on my window sills yesterday afternoon and they look really good now. It's amazing what a little paint or stain can do to improve the place. I would be very happy with it if it had laminated floors in the dining room and back hall and new self storing windows in the six windows. I would also like to have two full view storm doors. It's not going to happen though and I shouldn't spend my own money, what little I have..on an apartment someone else owns.

More later...

Bob and I went to Cherryvale this morning and attended the Cherry Blossom Festival. It had been postponed from May because of unusual snow. It wasn't nearly as large as usual either. We walked around for an hour or two and then came back home. I had put my stew on before we left. I finished it up and baked some biscuits to eat with it. Then Bob came over and we had lunch/dinner. I watched some TV after reading the newspaper.I took the paper over to Bob and then and took a short nap. I have some of my chicken left from yesterday. I may have that for supper.

2 comments:

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I have to vacuum almost every day with two dogs and one cat...they shed so much! :) I get a break in the deep winter..for about 2 1/2 months they stop shedding and that is SO nice :)

Margie's Musings said...

I agree, Debra. But animals are a lot of company.

Thanks for dropping by!