Friday, October 11, 2013

A Busy Friday

This has been a busy day! I went to Independence at 6:30 this morning for a 7:00 hair appointment. Afterward I came back home to go to exercise class. Then back to my house to fix dinner. I made a rush trip to the market to buy some apples and made an apple brown betty for dessert. I also fixed some baked beans. We had hamburgers and french fries with them. Dinner was good...especially the apple brown betty.

I heard from Scott today. He is planning to come for Thanksgiving after all. Becky will pick him up at Kansas City airport and he will stay at Becky's. They will come over here for an overnight following the Thanksgiving dinner. I am so pleased about that. It has been at least two years since I've seen Scott.

I took a nap this afternoon. I did not sleep well last night at all. I was concerned about Scott not planning to come for Thanksgiving. I feel better now.

I took my nap and then went to town to the doctor's office. I wanted to see if my thyroid is still low. My thyroid med just quadrupled in cost. It had been $4.00 and now it's nearly $16.00. If I don't really need to take it, I want to stop.

This evening Bob came over and we had some more of the apple brown betty and the rest of the wine we bought in Branson last time. Then he went home to watch TV and I took my bath and put on my pjs.

I'm trying to stay up till 9:00. I took some Aleve this evening. I hurt my right arm at exercise class. It is better now that the Aleve has kicked in.

No comments: