Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Another Busy Tuesday

Bob and I will go to Independence later this morning and he will get a haircut while my color is developing. Then Carol will cut my hair. Afterward we will go across the street to Big Cheese and have a mini pizza.

Yesterday afternoon we transferred most of the stuff from the shed next to the house he rents into the storage area for his new apartment. Saturday he will participate in a "garage sale" at the senior center and get rid of a lot of that stuff in that storage. He should have done it before he moved but didn't get it done. As soon as Mr. Grimmett finishes laying the carpet and vinyl and the apartment is cleaned, we will move him across the street into it. Mr. Grimmett worked on it all evening last evening. After Bob comes over this morning we will check to see how much he got finished. I am curious. I think it will be next week before he can get moved. There's just too much to do.

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I awoke at 2:00 with my left leg cramping. I had to get up and walk it off. By then I was even more awake so I came into the kitchen and warmed up a glass of milk and took an Aleve. That didn't do much for the better part of an hour. I don't think I ever really got back to sleep. Finally I got up at 4:45 and started my laundry. This is the time I wash my sheets. I got the rest of it done yesterday morning. I just wonder how I will sleep in Hawaii.

Josh, from Cox, came yesterday evening and he told me they are having a lot of trouble all over Kansas and they have two special teams working on the problems by working from west to east across Kansas and meeting in the middle. The only thing they have discovered so far is a nest of bunnies in one of their boxes that had chewed through all the wiring. But that isn't the only problem. I haven't had the problem the past three nights. Strange...

More later...

No comments: