Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday Trip

Today Bob and I are going to Bartlesville to eat at McAlisters. It's just something to do to get out of town and do something different. Yesterday we invited Bobby and Karan over to share our chili. They seemed to enjoy it. They are some of our best friends. We will finish off that chili tomorrow noon.

My TV is doing something strange. I don't know whether it's the TV or the cable. It freezes and then the picture tears. I am going to call the cable company today and see if it's on them or if I will need to buy a TV. My TV is only 20 years old. I bought it in 1993. It's never had a service call either. Hopefully it's the cable. Of all the things I don't need to spend money on now, it's a new TV.

My daughter e-mailed me my itinerary yesterday evening. Going over to Hawaii, the trip should be routine. Coming back though, I will leave in the evening and fly all night. I have one change both coming and going and that's at Houston. I dread that. The last time I flew, I missed my plane there. I disembarked at the south end of the terminal and was to catch a flight on to Tulsa at the north end of the terminal. There was very little time between the planes. I hired a tram to get me and my carry on across the terminal in time but we still got there just in time to see the plane take off. I had to catch the next plane and my brother-in-law was to have met me and picked me up at Tulsa.

When my flight came in and I was not on it, he didn't quite know what to do. Luckily he stuck around to check out the next flight in from Houston. I was on that one. The really aggravating thing about the whole experience was that the airline would not tell him anything about where I was. This was before cell phones too. I just hope nothing like that happens again.

6 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

When my mother flew 13 years ago from India to the West Coast of US at the age of 83 , we requested the airline for a "Meet and Assist" service en route where she had to change planes. Both flights were the same airline, and they deputed a person to put her on the connecting flight, where they know you are arriving. They themselves transport you by a golfcart thing if necessary. Maybe you can avail if such a service.

Balisha said...

Doesn't it always seem like connecting flights are at the opposite end of our big airports?
We missed our flight in Rome, years ago, and ended up taking a flight to Canada and spending the night there.
Hope things go well for you on your trip.
Balisha

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

When my old TV did that I had the cable guy come out since it was intermittent at first. He checked everything and told me that it was the TV and that it would just get worse. It did. For awhile I just borrowed a small TV from a co-worker who had got a new flat screen one. Eventually when I could swing it, probably around income tax time, I went to Walmart for a flat screen TV but I was surprised at how cheap they are nowadays. Whatever I got was under 200.00 and I'd been thinking it would be 2 or 3x that much.

marlu said...

We had the same trouble yesterday, Margie, and it was Cox's problem.


Betty said...

I've had that problem, too. It's Cox.

Margie's Musings said...

That's what I think too, Marlu and Betty