Friday, February 14, 2014

A Blasted Cold

I did it. I caught Bob's cold. His cleared up after four days. Yesterday evening about 5:30, I started sneezing and blowing. He brought over his Cold Ease and I started taking it right away. I also took an antihistamine to try to dry up my nose. I need to take another one now. My nose is dripping. I had my first cold in years last winter and before that it had been since 2003. How disgusting!  My immune system must be breaking down. Old age! Bah Humbug!

We will go to Independence and get his hair cut this morning at 8:00. We will leave around 7:30. I will have mine washed and blown dry and straightened with a curling iron to try to control it.  We have that Valentine dinner at church this evening and we want to eat a light lunch. Neither of us likes to eat a heavy meal in the evening.  They are going to serve spaghetti this evening with salad and garlic bread. Cake for dessert. Becky and Karan went out to church yesterday afternoon and decorated. She said I would be very surprised. She said it looks just like an Italian restaurant.  I will take photos if I remember. I keep the camera Scott gave me in my purse. We are to pick up Phyllis too. She hit a deer awhile back and doesn't like to drive at night anymore.

Bob came over last evening and we watched The Big Bang Theory. Thursday evening is their new show on CBS. The others are reruns from past seasons. We see a lot of reruns on different stations but always get a laugh anyhow.

More later....

Well, Bob and I are just going to have ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch. I will need to go get the shaved ham and some bread.  I have the rest. Then this afternoon I will make up my large salad for the dinner tonight.


2 comments:

Balisha said...

I wish you could just stay home and rest....
But guess I won't be bossy. Enjoy your day and take care.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks,Balisha. That's what I feel like doing. I took a good nap this afternoon.