Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chili Thursday

We will have our chili for lunch today. I serve it with both crackers and Fritos.  I will start it in the slow cooker after awhile.

I slept really well last night and only woke up once and then got right back to sleep. I didn't go to bed until 9:30. I was working on trying to enlist staff for the family camp this summer.

Bob will be delivering senior lunches for Barbara again today so we will eat closer to noon.  Barbara has a daughter in Lawrence and she likes to get up there to see her and the grandchildren about once a month. Bob has been delivering her lunches on her route on those Thursdays when she is gone.

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice and  we plan to go to either Owasso or Joplin to eat at Olive Garden. No telling how long the nice weather will last.

More later....

Lunch...our chili...was good today.  

But we all had a big surprise. Our landlord who is 93 years old, is selling the apartment complex and he brought the buyer by to look at our apartments.  The woman seemed quite nice. Her name was Betty and she said there would be no changes if she bought the complex. I hope we can count on that. Bob and I just barely make it every month and if there is anything extra like a trip to Branson or yearly expenses like car insurance or rental insurance, we have to get into our savings to do that. We both have a car payment and extra expenses with that car insurance and rental insurance. Our landlord now pays all our utilities except the electric and these apartments are all electric. My electric bill last month was $237. and this month it is $210. Between the rent and the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance supplement, just those two things takes more then half my income. If anything changes, we may both have to move.  These apartments are ideal for us. They are well insulated and well cared for. 

Tonight we may walk over to Brahms and have an ice cream cone for dinner. I had two cookies and a glass of milk awhile ago. I was hungry and it's only 4:00. .

1 comment:

marlu said...

Margie, email me at mlnutts@gmail.com. I found out something about car insurance that saves us a lot $$$.