Monday, March 3, 2014

Snowy Monday

It's snowy and ice out this morning so we will not have exercise class. I  tried to stay up for the Oscars but just couldn't do it. I ended up going to bed at 9:00 PM. The good news is I slept through until 5:00 AM without waking up.  So..another good night's sleep.  That's great! That doesn't happen a lot any more.

It is 3 degrees out there this morning. Leslie and Karan are in Kansas City and may be stuck there for awhile.  Kansas City was to have received 5 to 8 inches of snow.  I wonder if they made it home? Leslie should be working today.

I will fix meatloaf and fried potatoes with a veggie and salad for lunch today.  I will thaw some more strawberries for dessert. . This is my last pound of John and Leslie's meat.  I will have to start buying meat now. They have decimated their herd to start their new business.  It will take about three years for them to have meat again. I will buy my meat at the packing house in Bartlesville where the local farmers take their cattle. Leslie says they have a freezer full of local meat there. I don't want any meat that comes from a feed lot as long as I can avoid it.

I am reading the biography of Dean Martin now. It is written by his daughter, Deana.  So far, so good. 

Maybe I can get the apartment cleaned today. We will see.

More later.....

Nope, it didn't happen. Instead I worked on the staffing for the coming camp this summer and baked my cakes and iced them.

I got the cooks replaced thanks to the Mission Center president. Tom called me and volunteered. Good old Tom!

Dinner came out well. Tomorrow we will take the cakes up to Independence and after we get our hair cut we will then eat at Big Cheese.  We will eat the meatloaf again on Wednesday.

Bob will come over after while and we will have the rest of our wine and have some cookies.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Another snowy day here today....Will it ever stop? You can stay in for just so long and then it's on with our lives. Wine and cookies sounds good.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It always is, Balisha. Yes, I am very tired of winter. Just think.... we move our clocks forward on Sunday.