Friday, October 10, 2014

Very Rainy Friday

I slept well and woke up shortly before 5:00. I got up and did my makeup and dressed and came into the kitchen for a terrible shock. It had rained hard all night and the kitchen and dining room floor were covered with night crawlers. It took a dozen paper towels to pick them all up and dump them into my yard debris sack out on the carport. Then I swept the carport off and another dozen out there but water is standing everywhere out there just off the carport.  I don't know how to keep the night crawlers out of the apartment and I don't know how they got in with the doors locked. I even had two in the living room. Ugh! I can't spray poison because of Missy. I don't want to poison her. My skin crawls every time I think of it.

We will go to exercise class this morning and then perhaps to Utopia for coffee afterward. I need to put some meat out to cook for lunch. I had planned to take Juanita to Bartlesville today for her birthday (which is tomorrow) but with all this rain, that won't happen. She is 93 and nearly blind. So I will fix chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie. I still have chocolate pudding in the frig for dessert. 

I really need to clean this afternoon...especially after all those night crawlers were all over my kitchen and dining room floors and even two in my living room. Ugh!

Missy is wanting to go out on the carport but it's still pouring down rain out there and at 6:20, its still dark. She will have to wait.

More later....

We went to exercise class this morning and then home to go to the market for Tabasco. I put that around each doorway to try to keep the night crawlers from coming in again tonight. I took the remainder over to Bob. He had a dozen in his apartment too.

For lunch we asked Bobby and Karan to go to the cafe in Dearing with us for chicken and noodles.  It was very good. We will have the chicken tenders Monday.

Scott called me at lunchtime and said he would be here to see me about December 12th. He will pick up Ginger at the airport in Tulsa and she and he will drive back to Savannah together.  I will be delighted to meet her.  He is quite taken with her.

I have read and puttered around all afternoon. Soon my newspaper will be here and I will have the crossword puzzle to work on.

More even later..

Bob came over and stayed until 7:00 and we watched the news. I read until 10:00 on the textbook on the development of the New Testament that I bought that's written by Bart Ehrman.  It is interesting.

2 comments:

marlu said...

Yikes! They must have been looking for a warm and dry place.

Margie's Musings said...

That's a possibility but I sure don't want them in my apartment. I put Tabasco around the doorways.