Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Another Busy Tuesday

This has been a busy morning already. I got up at 4:45 and fed Missy and myself some breakfast. I had oatmeal and a cup of coffee.  Then I made up my bed as well as myself and then remembered I am going to have to take the trash bins out to the curb.  This is Tuesday. Bob used to help me with that when he lived in the fourplex. Now it is my responsibility. Marilyn is too sickly and so is Jeannie. Jeannie has a heart problem and Marilyn has been/still is fighting cancer.

Then I decided to make up the bed in the den. The trundle had not been used since the first time Missy bit me. I had washed the bedding and just not put it back on the bed. I had to move the old laptop that I use for Quicken and to store photos and put the nightstand under the window. Scott will be here Friday and if he decides to stay with me, I will sleep on the trundle and give him my bed.  I will wash and dry my bedding Thursday morning. He has a hard time sleeping. After Ginger comes on Monday, they choose to stay out at John and Leslie's where there's a lot more room.

I have fixed myself another  cup of coffee and am eating a slice of the banana nut bread I bought at the craft show Saturday...the one at the Episcopal church.  I emptied the dishwasher and put away the dessert dishes I brought home from the church. They were my mom's and still had her name on the boxes. I will get some good out of them.

I also put the second leaf in the dining room table and I can seat six for Christmas. I will have John and Leslie (Leslie will be on call) and Bob and Dee and Denise...Bob's granddaughter and daughter and, of course, myself. I will fix ham, mashed potatoes, veggies and salad. I will need to bake a couple of pies....pumpkin and pecan. We had turkey for Thanksgiving.

Yesterday, I was very tired when I got home from work.  And the colored jeans I wore were dusty. I don't know how often the custodian runs the sweeper but I am getting pretty dirty as well as exhausted from climbing up and down to shelf read. I will wait until I have four or five pair and then run a load in the washer.

More later...

Today at work was better.  I started out looking up books that were donated to the library. If we already had them on the shelf, if the donated one was in better condition, we kept it and threw out the old one. After awhile, Katie came and asked me to cut out more recipes for the little recipe books she ran out of at the soup supper. I have mad eup a few dozen of them now. I cut them out and laminated them. Tomorrow I will trim them again and put a hole in one corner for a ribbon to hold them together.

After I finished the laminating, I put away DVDs until time to leave for home.  I received Scott's birthday card back from Hawaii.   His birthday was the 29th of November. Why it took so long to reach his apartment, is beyond me.  I didn't have to shelf read today so I came home cleaner and fresher....not so tired.

I did get next Monday off to go with Scott to pick up Ginger at the Tulsa airport. I will work the next Thursday evening to make up some of my lost hours.

No comments: