Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Again

What a morning..... and it's only 8:30. I got up at 4:30 and made up and dressed and then I came in the kitchen and fed Missy and myself. Then I began to put things away from last night's meeting here. I organized my storage closet and as soon as I got that done, I wrote my Christmas newsletter and printed it off and wrote a Christmas card for a friend. I also baked the cake for the First Christian Church dinner tomorrow.  It's cooling now and I will ice it after I get lunch going after I get home from exercises. I will be taking the local cakes to Independence tomorrow when I go there to get my hair done.

I also did a survey online for Consumer Reports.  I have subscribed with them for years. Then I shredded an onion for our hamburger pie. I will start that about 10:45 and get it in the over for lunch at 11:30.

Sometime this week I will have to shop to get some toys for the children we have adopted at church and wrap their gifts.  We are also having a church dinner this next Sunday. I will have to make a casserole dish of some kind for that....maybe tuna noodle casserole and a fruit salad and dessert.

Now I will go to exercise class when Bob comes.   Here he is....

More later...

I got the cake iced.

Bob and I had a discussion and agreed that since I've been working and come home exhausted, he should discontinue his visits in the evenings so I can take my bath and relax and read. There's absolutely nothing worth watching on TV except the news and PBS and there's not a lot on that anymore. I have several books to be read. Bill gave me two for my birthday and I have never finished the Erhman textbook I started.

More still later.

Our lunch turned out very good. I called Bobby and he came by and took a portion of it. Bob and I will eat the rest on Wednesday. I get my hair colored and cut tomorrow and I will stop at Big Cheese afterward and pick up a small pizza for our lunch tomorrow.

I had to quiet the kids down at the library again today. I thought I might get in trouble with the  librarians for doing that but Adrian thanked me warmly and "appointed" me to be their "quiet marshall".
The kids congregate at the library but not to read or study...just for a place to hang out. They drink the library's coffee without paying the .50 they charge. They just help themselves.

I have not been able to reach my son. I tried to open his calendar which he sent over the weekend and both my computers saved the calendar but they were blank.....no schedule. So I don't know when to expect him.  I want to ask Katie tomorrow to let me off on Monday so I can go with Scott to pick up Ginger at the Tulsa airport. Katie wasn't there today. I will have to sign my time sheet  Wednesday so I hope she will be there.

Tonight I will just have a cup of Chi and take my bath and read.  Bob called earlier to check on my day.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you get more rest with your evening free.

You do more than most 30 year olds. I will pray for you to have strength to handle all your many "hats".

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks so much sister three! I usually do just fine if I get plenty of rest....and I do appreciate my solitude.