Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday and Back to Work

I just called Bob and he is still sick with the cold.  I was hoping he would be getting over it now. I certainly don't want it.  When I have a cold I try to avoid being around people and with the job, that would be impossible.  Poor Bob. He sounded pretty miserable.

I have a hair appointment this morning in Independence and I really need it. My hair is completely out of shape. I need to go to the bank first. I have spent some of my hair money.  I also need to stop and buy gas.  I've made too many Independence trips lately.

I have been reading this morning after getting up too early and starting the beans for lunch.  Hopefully they will be done by lunchtime. I have them in my slow cooker. I will fix the cornbread just as soon as I get home from Independence. I want to go in to work a half hour early and stay an extra half hour to make up the time I am losing because of the holidays. I need the extra money because my car insurance comes due in January.  I want to stay out of my meager savings if at all possible.

I am getting used to my new Freedom Phone II that Leslie gave me for Christmas. It has a keyboard which makes texting easier and it's not much bulkier then my flip phone so I don't need any larger pocket to put it in. In fact, for carrying convenience in the car, it slips right in and fits into a small pocket on the outside of my purse.  When I get to the library and here at home, I put it in my vest pocket.

More later....

Lunch was good.  The beans and cornbread were very good. After lunch, I went on to work a half hour early and stayed an extra half hour afterward too. I will be going in a half hour earlier and staying a half hour later until I make up my lost hours. Wednesday I will going in the morning  instead of the afternoon since they are closing at noon on the 31st.

Tonight when I got home, I fixed myself a cup of chi latte. In fact, I drank two. After I have my bath, I will have some yogurt for supper. I will put some chicken tenders down in the frig to thaw for tomorrow's lunch.  I will fix some potatoes and gravy as well as broccoli.  I still have pecan pie. (one piece) so I may split that with Bob. His cold is still bad.



No comments: