Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Breakfast and then Bartlesville

I will go with Bob to have breakfast at Eggberts this morning and then later meet Myra in Bartlesville at 10:00.  We will meet at Lowe's and then later go to lunch. She has something to return at Lowe's. We will probably walk the mall and perhaps find something at Christopher and Banks we can't live without.  They were in their process this week of combining their two stores and possibly are still closed.  We'll check that out.

I didn't sleep well last night. I awoke three times...once at 10:00, the second at 3:00 and I really didn't get back to sleep well after that. Finally at 5:00 I awoke and got up.

It's been raining and I think rain is still in the forecast. There's a 90% chance of rain...that's almost a certainty.

Missy wanted to go out this morning and since it had been raining I thought it was a safe time to let her out. Wrong! She went around the corner and I had to go entreat her to come back in the house. Luckily, she did as I wanted for once.

More later....

Breakfast was good, as usual. Afterward I went to Bartlesville to meet Myra. We loked around at Lowe's for awhile but she could not find what she was wanting there. We went to Penney's and found that they have discontinued a catalog. Now everything must be done online. Myra was not happy about that. She will go into Joplin later to see if she can find Roman shades there that she can actually see before she orders anything.

We had lunch at McAlister's and did a lot of catching up on our news.  It rained the entire time we were there but we didn't let that deter us from our visit.

I stopped at their big Wal Mart store and bought four more wine glasses for tomorrow's party. I also bought some paper bowls and napkins. I guess I am ready now. Tomorrow afternoon after I do the congregation's newsletter, I will bake my Apple Brown Betty.  I will serve  nuts and chocolate covered almonds, popcorn, caramel corn and ice cream during the game. Bob is bringing wine and so is Marilyn.  It should be fun.

Tonight I will try to find something to watch on TV.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your party sounds fun :)

No more catalogs...I remember being a little child perusing the Penney's and Sears Wish Books catalogs :)

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Deb, me too! Catalogs were great fun!