Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday and A Storm Alert

We are under a winter storm alert today. I am not particularly worried about it since the weather channel has missed our weather so many times this year. It snowed very lightly yesterday afternoon but it was so light nothing stuck on the ground.

I had another bad night sleeping last night. I woke up at 3:00 AM again and could not get back to sleep. Finally I just got up at 4:15. It might have been because I had tried for a half hour last night to program the Bose remote with the TV but was not successful. It might be because my signal comes through a DVR that Cox gave me so I could receive the signal so I wouldn't have to continually have them out to switch out boxes. They have a bunch of old boxes they bought before they upgraded their signal and are trying to use them. They would work with my old TV so they brought me a DVR set.  It doesn't function as a DVR but as a cable box. It may interfere with my being able to program the remote. Right now I have to turn the TV on with the Cox remote and even change channels with it . Anything connected with the Bose like the sound and the mute has to be done with the Bose remote. So at this point, I am having to use two remotes...very aggravating.   Maybe I can call Bose on their 800# later today and they can walk me through it.....if it can be done.

About the DVD we watched last evening. It was excellent! And I certainly understand why the male lead who played Steven Hawking received the Oscar for his work.  I recommend this movie. It's called "The Theory of Everything".

I imagine Bob and I will go for breakfast this morning. The storm, if it comes, has not started yet. I am having coffee here at home right now.

More later....

We did go to breakfast  and later out to Wal Mart for me to return a cable that was the wrong one.  Then we stopped at the Medicine Shoppe and I picked up my blood pressure pills. They over charged me $6.85 but I caught the error. It was supposed to be just $10.00 . They apologized and refunded my $6.85.  But I was glad I caught it. It never hurts to question anything strange.

For lunch we ate the rest of our spaghetti with garlic toast, green beans and coleslaw.  We had fruit and cookies for dessert. Bob took a little bit home with him in case he gets snowed and iced in and has to have something to eat tomorrow.

Our church is in the country on a county road so because of the weather, our church services have been called off tomorrow. Too much freezing rain and ice in the forecast.

This afternoon I think I will just read. I can do the housework tomorrow now.

I read most of the afternoon.  I can do the housework tomorrow.  I just had a cup of hot chocolate and will try to find something on TV tonight. That will be hard. TV is so bad anymore.  I may read all evening.

I also got the Bose remote programmed today.  Now everything is on one remote. ...sound system, cable, TV and DVD.

I think I will take my bath early and put on my pjs so I will be ready for bed.

3 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you! :)

Margie's Musings said...

It's snowing now and there's about three to four inches. That's not bad except they are forecasting freezing rain and ice this evening.