Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow at Last

We had a snow last night. I am not sure how much is out there since I have only looked outside from inside.  It definitely cancelled our intention to go to Joplin for lunch at Olive Garden. Now I am thawing ground beef for chili. I don't know whether Bob can get over here for lunch. His car sets out unprotected from weather.

I spent the evening working on a congregational directory for our congregation. It hadn't been updated for several years.

More later..

Bob called awhile ago. He lives four blocks away. If worse gets to worse, he will walk over here for lunch.  I have the chili done and it is in the slow cooker with a setting on three to keep it warm.  It's only 8:30 so it will be awhile.  I fixed myself a bowl of oatmeal a little while ago because all I had had this morning earlier was two cups of coffee.

Awhile ago, I saw birds on my empty bird feeder looking for seed. I have some. I just haven't put it in there so a little bit ago, I put on the boots Karan gave me and actually put on a heavy coat and gloves and went out there and brought it in and filled it. Then I waded back out there and hung it back up. I hope those poor birds check it out again now. It's still snowing lightly. We probably only had an inch last night.

I will check the computer out from time to time today and read too.

This is a photo of my great grandchild, Cheyenne. She has a birthday today. She is three.



And this is our snow... This is off my patio toward the apartments next door.

This a photo off my carport toward the north....across the street.
More even later....

No comments: