Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday Again

It stormed again last night but I slept through the entire thing. It is supposed to be cloudy today and rainy again tomorrow.  I plan to cook my chicken today but it would be fun to go out of town if it's not going to storm.  And I need to go to the bank. I have enough for our breakfast but will need more cash for my hair next week.

Missy went out this morning briefly and ate some grass but then the little cat that looks like her started over here and I had to pick her up and bring her back in the house.  She acts fierce but she's too old to win a fight anymore.  The last one she got into a couple of years ago cost both her and me.

I went to bed about 9:00 last night after watching "Sister Act" on Lifetime channel and set the thermostat at 72 degrees and put the air conditioning on. I like to sleep in a cool room. When I woke up in the middle of the night I checked it because the house was cold. It was 65 degrees in here. I turned it way up and it got comfortable again.  Then I went back to sleep.

Bob will be over to pick me up for breakfast soon so I'd better finish this later. ...

More later ....


We went to breakfast and  it was good...and hot...for a change.

More even later.....

Bob came over at noon and we had our chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy, his coleslaw and the broccoli and cauliflower.  I also warmed up the cornbread we had left from yesterday. It was all good.

John and Leslie have made reservations for four at Tavern on the Plaza for tomorrow (Mother's Day).  Bob will go with us. This afternoon, I received some lovely tulips from Scott and Ginger with a sweet card.  I have put them in a vase and have them on the table. I got a lovely card from Keith and Esther too and a nice deposit in my checking account.  I have great thoughtful kids!

Here's the flowers!



I don't know what I will do this afternoon.  Missy is in the bedroom pouting and under the coverlet on my bed. I left this morning briefly to go see if Bob was home. He was at Denise's home visiting her. When I got back home, Missy had gone into the bedroom and crawled up under my coverlet like she does when I leave suddenly and she is left at home by herself.   She pouts. I lifted up the coverlet and tried to convince her to come out but she would have none of it. She's still there. It's 1:35.

Bob will come over tonight for wine and to watch the CBS news.

No comments: