Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday And Hair Day

This will be a very busy day. I will leave about 8:15 to go to Independence to take the cakes by the First Christian Church. Then I will go to my hair appointment. After that, I will run out to Leslie's and pick up three pounds of ground beef. After I get home and get that meat in the freezer, Bob and I will go over to Cherryvale to Just Us and eat their buffet for our lunch. Then he will bring me back and drop me off at work. He will later come back to pick me up.

Speaking of work, yesterday at exercise class, it was announced that the senior center will be closed on Friday for the Independence Day holiday. The city also owns the library so when I got to work I asked Adrian if we would be closed on Friday too. He said we would be.  It's nice of them to tell me. I would have shown up Friday afternoon for work. As it is, I will lose four hours of work. I contacted Myra and asked if she would be available for lunch on Friday and she will be so I will meet Myra in Bartlesville on Friday for lunch. I haven't seen her for a couple of months. This month she spent a week in Iowa with her daughter Christina and her family for her granddaughter's wedding.  That will be something she can tell me all about.

Yesterday at the library was the usual nightmare. I spent from 12:40 until 3:30 putting away DVDs. Then I spent a half hour taking green stickers off the new fiction and non fiction books that were ready to be put into the main shelves. Then I put away books, magazines and newspapers.  Katie was gone so I didn't continue my scanning. Thank goodness!  So it could have been worse. I dread going back into the noisy children's department to scan bar codes.

More later....

I spent the entire afternoon putting away DVDs and stacking the newspapers and putting away new fiction books. They just kept coming with those DVDs. They realize we will be closed Friday and Saturday and they can keep DVDs for a week.  Bob and I ate at Just Us and he took me to work afterward and picked me up afterward. Then he came in to check his bank account. Blue Cross/Blue Shield had taken their second payment out of my account Monday evening.  They did the same thing to his account.

We sat down later and ordered more Keurig coffees. I ordered two boxes of Hazelnut, two boxes of Chia Latte and one box of Mocha Nut Fudge. Bob ordered a box of Mocha Nut Fudge and one box of Hazelnut. He paid me for his and we got free shipping.  I still have some left but am nearly out of Chia Latte and I like to sit down after work each evening and have a cup of that. I am completely out of Hazelnut. Anyhow, we're fixed now.

Bob left about 7:00. I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner until 8:30 when I woke up and noted that I had fallen asleep. We just went to bed.


No comments: