Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday Fourth of July Holiday

Today Bob and I will go eat breakfast at Sirloin Stockade and then skip lunch. We will have a 5:00 dinner at John and Leslie's home. I made my potato salad last night and put it in the frig and will take it out to their house around 4:30.  There will be eight of us for dinner; Bob and me, John and Leslie, Cyndi and Jeff and Denise and Dee.  I think I made enough potato salad. John will grill chicken on the grill.  I don't know about dessert.  Maybe Cyndi will bring it...who knows. Cyndi id a terrific cook.

I awoke again at 2:30 and was still awake at 3:30 so I got up and took a Benadril cap. Soon I fell asleep.  I awoke around 6:00 and got dressed and ready for breakfast before I took Missy out on the carport. We were out about 25 minutes and the small child came out across the street. The minute he came out he began screaming and crying at the top of his voice. Missy was terrified so we came back in.  I had been told that family was moving to Texas and thought they would have moved over this holiday but it didn't happen.

Scott called last night and we had quite a conversation. He had Ginger right there and I was on speaker phone.  So we had a nice visit. He is still looking for a job.  He has applied for dozens but so far, no luck. So much for hiring vets first.  Luckily Ginger has a good job. She is a nurse anesthetist and makes good money. So they will not starve. But he wants a job. They are going to build a new home in Florida this next year and are meeting with the designer this week. He wants to be able to contribute to that project. It's just a matter of time and he will find a good job. His main problem may be he has only an AA degree.  Anymore everyone really needs a BA at least.

Well, he is well trained....thanks to the army and the  misguided Bush wars. Let's hope Obama will withstand the urgings of the congregational and armed services warmongers to get into another misguided culture war. War settles nothing and only creates even worse problems...especially culture wars like these we are presently involved in.  We have caused the problems with these cultures by constantly interfering in their country's internal business. If another country interfered with our country's internal business we would be furious too.

More later. Time to go pick up Bob....

We had a nice breakfast at Sirloin Stockade and afterward came home to do some work on the schedule for tomorrow's service. I'm in charge and it's Sacrament Sunday.  We serve the communion the first Sunday of each month. Now I need to work on the sermon for the 19th. I try never to leave that to the last minute. The theme that Sunday is "Proclaim Peace".

Bob and I went out to church this afternoon and put his lawn mower back in the shed. We decided we were both too old to try to mow in this 90+ degree weather.  I will put his trimmer in the living room closet now.

I heard from Leslie that she will have 9 tonight. I think I have enough potato salad.

No comments: