Saturday, August 1, 2015

Saturday At Last

I am always delighted to see Saturday come. The three of us Bob, Bobby and I, will meet for breakfast at Sirloin Stockade at 7:30.  Bob and I will later go to Bartlesville for my appointment to have my oil changed at 1:45. We will eat at McCallisters. Bobby will be on his own today for lunch.  Also, I want to see if I can find a pair of white dress pants at Dillards or Christopher and Banks. I wore my white crops yesterday at the library and got something pale yellow on the left hip. I am doing some laundry now to see if I can get the stain out. If not, I will also be looking for some white crops. Darn!

Missy and I slept well last night.  We got up shortly before 5:00 AM and she is patiently waiting for daylight so she can go outside. It gets light about 6:00 and it's only 5:35 now.

Aime is supposed to call the college on Monday. If I can get an interview and get on there, she will move me out of the library. Still no one there has said a thing about the firing of Joy. If Marilyn hadn't called me about it, I still would not know.

I just put my small load of laundry in the dryer and it appears my white crops came clean. Hooray! I like them very much and was not looking forward to looking for white crops at the end of the season.

I want to change the shape of my flowerbed next to the apartment. The yard used to be a gravel parking lot before Wayne built this fourplex. So under the grass, there is nothing but gravel. At the south end of my flowerbed there, is a patch of bare gravel. Nothing grows there so I want to curve the flowerbed bricks around the edge of that area and fill it in with the leftover Miracle Grow from the re-potting of my house plants and plant something in there. Perhaps I will just move some of my hen and chicks there. It will need to be something short. It should improve the looks of the flowerbed though. I will try to get that done today when I get back home or perhaps even before I leave for Bartlesville. If I can get it finished, I will take a photo of it to post here this evening.

Marilyn, my neighbor across the front yard to the west, called me over last evening to see her dining room and living room walls.  The new landlady had a professional contractor sand and repaint those walls. The previous renter there had sat in there and smoked and the paint had been peeling everywhere off the walls in those two rooms. Marilyn had hesitated to get Wayne to fix those walls while he owned the fourplex because of his age. He is 95.  But she told the new owner about it this spring and she promised to get it fixed sometime this summer and finally did get it repaired and it looks great! Marilyn was so pleased. After Bob and I read the newspaper, I have been passing it on to her. We may as well get my money's worth.

More later. It's getting light out there.

I took Missy out for an hour but first I had to get my broom and chase that stray cat out from under my car. I will have to get a trap from animal control and trap him or he will be a constant trouble.She and I stayed out an hour or so.

Well then the three of us went to breakfast this morning and had a really good breakfast. Then I came home and read the newspaper and did the crossword puzzle.  Later, Bob called and said he was ready to leave for Bartlesville so we went down there and shopped first at Dillard's and Christopher and Banks. At Dillard's I found a pair of white slacks that were originally $39.95 and got them for $17.75 on sale. They were size 6 but too large around the waste.  But they fit otherwise. So I bought them. Then we went out to Honda of Bartlesville and I got my oil changed and my tires rotated. They showed me both the glove box filter and the car filter and they were both filthy. So I ended up spending even more then I had counted on to replace those too.  My bill came to $126. and change and I saved quite a bit with my coupons.  I hated to spend the money but I figured I'd better take care of those things now. We got home about 4:00 and I took Bob home and then went to Gilliam's to get a bottle of wine. I figured I needed that. :)

Now I am ready to relax and go out to see what I can do about that flowerbed.

I got the flowerbed enlarged and lined with red blocks but Orchelon's did not have any Miracle Grow so I will have to wait to go to Wal Mart tomorrow. Then I will need red mulch to fill in before I plant my hen and chicks. But this was a start.

I will work on it some more tomorrow. It was 92 degrees out there this afternoon.

Until then....


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love hens and chicks. Mine are really looking poorly because it is so hot.
It was cool this morn but has really warmed up!!

The flower bed looks good!

Margie's Musings said...

Pretty good...but I need some more miracle grow and mulch. Thanks for dropping by!