Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thursday Again

Another Thursday and I have made a change of plans. Instead of cleaning house this morning, I will wait and do it tomorrow.  Tomorrow afternoon I only work for two hours. Instead, today I will meet Joyce and Marilyn..and perhaps Karan, for breakfast at Eggberts at 9:00. I am doing laundry now but need to go to the market after that breakfast and I don't want to do too much today since Thursday is such a big day at the library.

No...no word from the college. 

We will have tuna cakes and fried potatoes for lunch along with a veggie and a coleslaw.  I gave the last of our leftover dessert to Marilyn R yesterday evening. So I will buy some fruit for dessert.

Yesterday afternoon was very busy. I did all my usual work but again, no inventory. That's fine. They will eventually get back to it.

Missy is crying to go outside but it's only 6:45 right now and we will wait until daylight to give it another try. Lately she has wanted to go outside but only stays out about 5 minutes.  It's chilly out there now and she doesn't like that.

I slept a lot better last night. I woke up at 11:30 and realized it was going to be another restless night so when I got up to go to the bathroom, I also took a Benadril tablet. Then I slept straight through until 5:00. Now I'm rested.

More later....I met Marilyn, Joyce and Karan for breakfast this morning and we had a good visit. It poured down raining so I took off my shoes and carried them under my umbrella and also took a paper towel to dry my feet.  We are going to do this every Thursday morning at 9:00. We will call it the Breakfast Club. I recall my mom listened to a radio program called that when I was a child. She turned it on every morning. Now I have to go take my meds.

I was going to go to the market this morning after breakfast but not in this rain so I will make do with what I have. 

So more even later...after work.

Dinner worked out fine.  I used my last potato and boiled it and then fried it. I fixed the tuna cakes without milk this time. We had broccoli and Bob brought a new coleslaw. We had no dessert.

It was kind of a boring day at work this afternoon.  I did quite a lot of shelf reading.  I only work two hours tomorrow afternoon.  I will put away the DVDs as usual and then spend the rest of the time removing those little green labels from the new fiction that is no longer that "new". 

Katy hired a woman this afternoon to take Joy's place. I hope she works out. I think her name is Sandra. She knew me but I could not remember where I knew her from. It's been awhile.

Bob came over for awhile this evening and watched the news with me. He left at 7:30 and I took my bath and put my PJs on. I wanted to finish my blog here before bedtime..



2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You always make me hungry when I read your delicious menus. However I also love your sermon posts and am off to read that next :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Deb. I try to plan my meals by the week.