Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday...and One More Day

I missed posting yesterday. I know this will be my last JWHA meeting. It has really been exhausting. All in all, though, I have enjoyed it.  I will probably still join because I want to receive the Journal twice a year. Dues are $40. a year now. I like to read the papers. I have only seen about ten people here that I know. Most of the old timers are pushing 90 years old. I have made a few new friends though....one from Minnesota.

Today I have enjoyed the meetings more. It's almost time to put this computer away for the afternoon though because I am taking the trolley tour of Independence. I just wanted to touch base with everyone. I have really enjoyed staying with my friends, Reg and Joanne. I have caught up on all their news too. Reg has had a stroke but is doing remarkably well with his recovery . I can only tell he has had a stroke if I visit with him for awhile. He had emergency surgery to remove a blood clot that was about to burst.

Today I bid on a beautiful picture but probably will not win it. Others are interested in it too. I will know this evening during the presidential address.

I will leave for home and church at 7:00 in the morning. I will drive directly to church from here because I have that sermon to give. I will post some photos after I get home tomorrow afternoon.

More later...I don't want to miss the trolley.

The trolley trip was wonderful and John Hamer led it. John is so knowledgeable.   He knows his church history and has studied the history of all the Restoration churches. This tour toured some of the churches of the restoration movement in Independence. We stopped by the Community of Christ Temple and they let us take a mini tour.  It was such fun!

This evening, at 6:30, is the Presidential address and lecture with supper. That should be interesting. I was tempted to go on home and skip it so I would be home early but I would need to go back to  Joanne and Reg's and pick up my bag.  It's only 4:13 so I could do that! But I'd better not. I paid for the banquet and there would be lots of traffic on Saturday night. Tomorrow morning should be better.

It will be good to get home tomorrow though, Even though I have to preach tomorrow....if I get back in time. I e-mailed my sermon to Sue so in case something unforeseen happens she can read it. I'll be back here tomorrow.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So happy you were able to attend this event. I can tell you are enjoying it!

Margie's Musings said...

I'm having a ball, Sister-Three

I'm home now though. I drove home this morning.