Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night although I went to bed at 8:30.  I guess working yesterday morning from 9:00 until noon and then reading all afternoon was tiring. I also made cookies.

Today I will go to church.  Bob has made the coffeecake himself this morning and will bring it over after it cools to have it iced. I keep powered sugar and he doesn't so I will mix up the icing and ice it for him.

It's finally getting light outside and Missy is chomping at the bit to get out there. She is getting impatient about it.  I will take her out before Bob comes.

I took Missy out but our noisy neighbor across the street shouted across the street and she got frightened and we had to come back in the house.

Bob came with his coffeecake and I iced it.  He is now reading the paper while we wait for time to leave for church. Missy is lying here just to the left of my chair.

We will leave for church about 9:00. After church, I will do my newsletters and then try to get out to Wal Mart to buy a few groceries.  I will have a few simple meals before I leave on Thursday.  Monday we will have tuna cakes with boiled potatoes and a veggie and salad. I will have pudding and cookies for dessert.

Tuesday I get my hair done so we will eat at Great China and while I'm getting my hair done, Bob will visit with his sister, Betty.

Wednesday we will have hamburgers and french fries.  I will send an extra hamburger home with Bob.

I will leave fairly early on Thursday morning, probably about 9:00, to get to Independence, Missouri with plenty of time to spare.  My hosts will be gone during the day (working at their church's garage sale) so I will have time to find the conference center where the conference will be held. I will try to remember to take some photos while I'm there.

More later...

I just learned today that Leslie and John, my daughter and son-in-law, have decided to wait to go to Scott and Ginger's until their new home is finished next May.  I will go down sometime after that myself...possibly after I retire in September.  Leslie and John have another new Gorgy dog...a three year old. Mini is only one year old and they want to breed her to this three year old male.  His name is Hoover.  After I get her to send me a photo of him, I will post it here. He is very pretty.

Here's another photo of them together. Aren't they cute? Mini is the lighter colored one and Hoover is the darker colored one.



No comments: