Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday and Another Weekend

I slept well last night. It was cold in the apartment and that usually helps me sleep better.  I got up about 5:30 and made myself a cup of coffee to get me started on my day. Bob came by about 7:15 and we went to Sirloin Stockade for breakfast.  We had a big breakfast and then he brought me home. I am doing a load of laundry now.

Later on we may go over to Sedan and have a Bar B Q sandwich at the restaurant my Bob and I used to take Leslie to for lunch when she worked over there at Sedan Floral.  I haven't been back there in years. We thought it would be something different to do.

When I got home from breakfast, I found Missy in my chair.  She has stayed out of my chair for several weeks and I thought she had learned she shouldn't get up it it. It is velvet and she gets cat hair all over it and I have to use a roller to clean it out.  So much for that thought! Anyhow, I dumped her out and cleaned the chair. If I keep newspapers and magazines in it she stays out of it.

More later....

After breakfast Bob brought me home and I read for awhile then decided to do some raking. The leaves were piled up a foot high and were covering the patio. I began there and got 5 bags filled before I played out. I came back in the house after dragging them to the street  and folded and put away my laundry. I sat out in the sunshine with Missy for awhile but finally just came back in.  She's lying here behind me on the daybed.   If I can, I will take some photos to show you what I have done so far. Last year I raked 14 bags up. The city made me wait until Friday to pick them up. They won't take them with the regular trash pickup on Tuesday.

This is the pile I raked up that was left after I bagged up five bags.

This the part I haven't even begun yet. It is back toward my air conditioning unit.
There's the bags I got completed back of the raked part.
And then there's the entire front yard. It will be a huge job if the weather holds.
These are the finished bags up close.  It's a big job and I did it last year and year before last but I wasn't almost 80 years old then.I will keep after it as long as the weather holds.

The wind has come up now. Soon I won't even be able to tell I did anything.

More later....

Bob and I drove over to Sedan and had lunch at Buck's Bar B Q. It was good and just the right amount. Afterward, he dropped me off at home and went on to his home to take his afternoon nap. He may be back later. I want to watch the Democratic debate at 8:00 this evening.

I managed to watch the Democrat debates this evening and went to bed at 10:00.



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

If I were there I would come by and get your leaves for my garden!

Margie's Musings said...

And I would give them to you!