Friday, December 25, 2015

Friday and Christmas Day

Well, Christmas is finally here and my little party last night was a success. The little girls were more interested in opening their gifts then eating so I have quite a bit left. I'll take it out to John and Leslie's when we go out for Christmas dinner at noon.

I woke up late..around 6:00 and got a late start on my pies. The second one is in the oven now. I made traditional pumpkin and a pecan pie too.

While I am waiting to take the shield off the pie crust, I will get some of my photos downloaded to this computer so I can get them here on my blog. I still have to make my Waldorf Salad but one project at a time. This was my table before we started eating last night. 

This is my grandson, Jeromy.

And this is the girls..opening their gifts.

The one nearest the camera is Cheyenne who is three going on four,and the dark haired on is Maia, who is five...going on six.

Here are some more of my photos.

This is my daughter and son-in-law enjoying some goodies.

This is my son-in-law, John, watching his granddaughters open gifts.

There are the girls busily opening gifts.

That's my daughter and her son, Jeromy cleaning up after the girls.

Jeromy still putting away wrapping paper and bows.

Jeromy figuring out one of his gifts...probably electronics. Notice his KSU hat. That's where he graduated. Kansas State University.

This is the little critter I bought for Cheyenne. She immediately hugged it.

This is my brother-in-law opening the gift I bought him. It's a hairdryer that attaches to the wall in the bathroom.

This is John, my son-in-law showing Maia how to work one of her gifts. John is a great grandpa. He loves those little girls and does anything for them.

This is my daughter, Leslie. I don't know what she is doing here but I finally got a photo of her so I am using it.

Anyhow, it was a really good Christmas Eve.

More later....it's time to take the last pie out of the oven.

The salad is ready now and in the frig.  Both pies are in the carriers. I couldn't find the sling for the Tupperware one. For some reason, it is lost. I hope we don't drop the pie taking it in. We are leaving at 11:00 for John and Leslie's home in rural Independence. We eat at noon.  There will be 11 of us.

More later...

We had a great dinner. Leslie really outdid herself with the help of Cyndi. Cyndi is a great cook too so between the two of them, They really fixed a great meal. My pies turned out well and most of the salad was finished off.  I left the rest for them.

I spent the after dinner time cleaning up and realized I had completely forgotten to take any photos. 

After I cleaned up we all went out to look at the puppies...all 11 of them.  I got Bob home about 2:30 and then came in and made room in my frig for the stuff I brought home. Bob was as tired as I was and he will probably take a nap this afternoon.  I don't know if he will be over this evening or not. He was awfully tired.

About 3:00 or so I decided to put away the Christmas decorations and tree. I was just finishing boxing everything up and labeling the boxes when Bob came in. It was close to 5:00. We watched TV and had some eggnog until 7:00 and then he went home and I took my bath.  I went to bed about 8:00.

No comments: