Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thursday and Christmas Eve

Tonight will be our gathering as a family to open gifts and have snacks. It will be held here at my apartment.  When I get everything ready, I will try to remember to take a photo. I cleaned yesterday so the place is ready. I am going to fix chili for our lunch today and we will have Freetos and cheese (and crackers) with it. We will have an unhealthy day. :) We will drink Coke with the chili.

I slept fairly well last night. I had left a couple of Tums beside my bed on the night table and before I went to sleep, I chewed them up. For some reason, if I eat anything heavy or have popcorn at bedtime, I get indigestion.  This just started  a couple of weeks ago.  The Tums seem to work though. I had had caramel corn last night while Bob was here.

It's raining today. I had hoped it would wait until after the Christmas weekend but it moved in early.  At least it's not forecast for Christmas Day. We are fortunate  not having tornadoes like Mississippi had last night.  I understand 6 people were killed. What a terrible Christmas it will be for those families.

My Christmas Cactus Leslie gave me some years back, is beginning to bloom.

Isn't that neat? Right at Christmas time too.
There's another view.I hope it finishes blooming this week. I re-potted it a few months ago and both plants have grown like weeds now that they are no longer root bound.

More later....

I am so pleased. One of my friends who struggles was given a Christmas gift of a free membership to Bart Ehrman's Blog.   Ehrman is one of the foremost Bible historians. He reads several ancient languages and is able to make some remarkable discoveries that way.

My chili is ready and I am just keeping it warm until Bob is ready for lunch.

My family is coming tonight at 5:00 this evening...which is probably a good thing since the deer are out in force and my son-in-law has a brand new truck. We will enjoy goodies and candy and open gifts. Bob is making his pumpkin bread. I have candy, cookies and eggnog to serve. I know the two little great grandchildren will be thrilled. I will try my best to take some photos. I even laid my camera out. They are the cutest little girls.

More later...

How about that! I did remember to take photos while the family was here. I will try to get them downloaded to the computer later this morning.

Meanwhile, I'm going to bed. It's 9:00 and I am very tired.

No comments: