Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday and Church

I hope we will be able to get to church this morning. It rained hard all day and night. If we go by the Dearing way, we may find the creek out of it's banks. Maybe we will take Woodland.  I slept well though because the rain always puts me to sleep. I awoke several times but managed to get right back to sleep.

I got up and dressed then went out in this cold rainy weather to pick up the paper. Brrrr. After I got my coffeecake in the oven, I read the paper.  Now it's about to get it out of the oven.  When it's cool, I'll ice it.

I will be speaking this morning at church but I'll be surprised if there are more then six there. Generally we have from 15 to 20. Two days after a major holiday, everyone has house guests. When I have house guests, I invite them to church. :)  I hate to miss church. My week is all off when I miss church.

We must have had a heck of a wind with this rain.  I had to retrieve my trash container. It had blown down the yard. It's still blowing hard out there and is cold.

The coffeecake is out of the oven and now cooling. I will ice it in a bit.

More later...

O.K. I got the coffeecake iced...way too much icing but they can scrape it off.  I also went over my sermon (talk) for the morning service.

Bob has come to read the papers. I texted Marilyn about going to church and she said she had slept right through the alarm and could not go this time.  Maybe next time.

We took the little girls to Sirloin Stockade at lunch time. They eat pretty well there because they anticipate the ice cream machine. :) They are 3 and 5. ..and cute as a button.

I came home and did my congregational newsletters and went to the market to buy stamps.

Bob came over in the evening to watch the news. After he left at 7:00 I took my bath, put my PJs on  and got ready to sit in the recliner with Missy. I went to bed at 9:30.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that you made it ok and Merry Christmas season :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Deb. I did and it worked out fine. Thanks for visiting!