Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday and Snow on the Ground

I don't know whether I will be able to get to Independence this morning or not. It's the day for my hairdo.  I will have to wait until the sun comes up to see how the street conditions look. I don't think Bob is all that crazy about going.  I'm not sure I should go by myself since the tenth street (the county road) bridge is being  replaced and we have a couple of alternative routes up there. One is a gravel road...which I would not attempt with snow and ice on the road. The second is Sunflower Road, which is a county road that is paved. But it is clear across town and a long way off. If it's clear, I'll take it. Thank goodness for cell phones.

I slept well last night...better then usual. I had quite a bit of indigestion yesterday. Tums takes care of it but still I have never been troubled with indigestion before this past few weeks. It's probably the mileage. :) Or perhaps the M & M Peanuts. :) They are gone now so I'll see if that helps.

More later....Missy is waiting patiently for her treats..

O.K., I've had my breakfast and coffee and am waiting for daylight  to assess the chances of my being able to get to Independence safely. It's still dark out so I can't tell yet. It's just shortly after 7:00 but it's getting there. I just checked sand my new amount for Blue Cross/Blue Shield came out last night. They raised the premium $35.11 in one year. Now it's nearly $300 per month. Usually it's about a $10.00 raise each year. Insurance is a racket.

Bob just texted me that he is too tired this morning to come over.  He must not have slept well.  If he can't come for lunch, I will take him some corn bread and beans.  I soaked them overnight and they are cooking now in the slow cooker.

More even later...

I made it to Independence on the Sunflower Road. It had been cleared and was fairly clean. I still drove 35 miles per hour. There was very little traffic. I left here at 8:00 for a 9:00 appointment and got back at 9:45. I got my hair done and came straight back home. I left the beans cooking in the slow cooker and they are done. I added the onions and turned them down to 2. I will fix the cornbread in a little while....closer to 11:10.

Missy is lying here behind me on the daybed napping.

More still later....

Bob came at 11:20 and we had our beans and cornbread for lunch.  Then I went to Braum's and got my milk and to Orchelens for wild bird seed. I think it's about time I start feeding the birds again. With the snow on the ground, they may have a hard time finding food.

More even later...

I filled the bird feeder and the birds flocked to eat from it.  It never did warm up. But the rain did finally stop.  I finally found the top to my trash can but never did find the flowerpot. It must have blown a long way away. I will have to buy another one in the spring.

Bob came over this evening and stayed until 7:00. After he left I took my bath and stayed up until 9:30.


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope Bob is ok. It is cold here today, but at least dry.

Margie's Musings said...

I just texted him and he says he is feeling better. Thanks for asking about him.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm near St. Louis and we are supposed to have snow flurries tonight and tomorrow morning. I hope it stays at just flurries and not more. We've had more than enough precipitation for a while.

Around here the birds must be mixed up as to what season it is. I had robins wading around in puddles in the grass on one side of the yard, snowbirds clustered together in the spruce tree on the other side of the yard, and a perky mockingbird in the middle of the yard. It looked like he was just keeping an eye on what all of the other birds were doing. I am surprised that there are so many robins around here for the past few days. I guess where ever they usually are at this time of year must be flooded out.

Margie's Musings said...

That's a real possibility this year, Susie.