Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday and Expecting the CPU

I will stay home today anticipating the FED X people coming with my CPU.  Leslie will come by sometime in the morning to help me get it hooked up again.  My cabinet has to have everything threaded through the back through small openings.  So someone has to hold the CPU tilted up so the person hooking everything back up can see where each port is located.  It's very inconvenient.

I slept well again last night. I feel "back to myself" again. Thank goodness!

It's 25 degrees here this morning. It's supposed to get up to 66 later in the day. If the winds die down today I will rake leaves and bag them up again.

We will have our leftover chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes and a veggie for our lunch. We still have Bob's coleslaw  for a salad. I have cupcakes for dessert.

More later....

Well, I got my groceries and now have all the ingredients for my Apple Brown Betty for Sunday evening.  Much of what I bought was not food though.  My watch battery died this morning so I had that replaced.  Then I stopped at Braums and bought my yogurt and the ice cream for Sunday evening.  I put that on the Apple Brown Betty.

By the way, this is what president Obama said after 9/11. I wholeheartedly concur.

Following the 9/11 attacks in 2001, Obama was an early opponent of President Bush's push to go to war with Iraq. Obama was still a state senator when he spoke against a resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq during a rally at Chicago's Federal Plaza in October 2002. "I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars," he said. "What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne." Despite his protests, the Iraq War began in 2003.

More later...

They're working on the drywall at my son and daughter-in-laws new home.

Here's the photo he posted.



How about that!

By the way, the CPU arrived today by FED X. Now tomorrow my daughter will come and hook it back up for me.

Here's another view of the house being sheet rocked inside.



More even later...

I got the leaves in the center of the fourplex raked and bagged  this afternoon.  I did not get the east side of my apartment done but perhaps I can later. We are to have light rain on Saturday and rain on Easter.

Cyndi called this afternoon to say we had mice in the kitchen at church again. She also needed paper towels and toilet cleaner. She was cleaning. I stopped by the Dollar General store and picked up those items and took them out there. The security light on the east side of the building was broken too and Jeff will replace it on Monday.  I bought some peanut butter for the mouse traps. I thought about getting Decon instead of baiting those traps but we have small children out there on Sundays and that might be dangerous.  So I just set the traps.

Johnna and Leslie will be out there tomorrow morning decorating for Easter and can check out those traps.  I did find more paper towels in both bathrooms and one under the sink in the kitchen. Cyndi has a way of exaggerating. I knew I had bought a six pack of paper towels just a month ago.

Bob came over to watch the news and left at 7:00. I watched TV after my bath and then at 9:00 Missy and I went on to bed.

2 comments:

marlu said...

The house looks lovely!

Margie's Musings said...

It's getting there alright, Marlu!