Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday and Presiding at Church

I am presiding at church today and am hoping I get to feeling a little more normal before lunchtime.  It has been a challenge to find anything that doesn't turn sour in my stomach.  I had a little oatmeal for breakfast so I could take my meds. But lunch will be a challenge.  So far, I have lost 5 pounds over this mess. The antibiotic kills all the bacteria in my gut and leaves my stomach unsettled.

I slept pretty well last night thanks to Tums.

My kids have stayed in touch with me and I assume they are concerned about my problem health episode. I am happy they are doing that. Bob has also contacted me again this morning to check on my progress.  He has been a godsend.

I am presiding at church so I really need to go.  Outside of going to Walmart yesterday and breakfast early yesterday morning, I stayed in the apartment yesterday. I certainly didn't rake leaves. It's cold outside again and I don't feel like getting cold even to rake.

I am hitting the antacids again. My stomach is still queezy. Darn antibiotics!

More later....

Well, church went fine.  We had a guest who is our Mission Center group C leader, Cindy.  Bob and Phyllis and I invited her to come with us to "Just Us", the buffet restaurant over at Cherryvale. She really seemed to enjoy her lunch and we had a good visit.

So far, my stomach is doing fine and I haven't had to take any Tums. I'm not holding my breath though.
I will get my newsletter done and then print it off for those who don't have e-mail and send it out to those who do.

More later....

I made a mistake.  I forgot I took my second antibiotic after my lunch at 2:30 and took another at 5:30 after my yogurt. These are Nitrofurant 100 MG BID and I have had 300 MG today instead of 200 MG. My doctor is out of town so I e-mailed a doctor friend of mine to see if that is going to be a problem.  I hope I hear from her.

Hopefully I have not done anything that will hurt an organ. Time will tell.


No comments: