Saturday, March 5, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

I didn't sleep well at all last night again.  Missy was restless and a part of the problem. My hands hurt some even though I took an Aleve before bed.  I raked for a couple of hours yesterday and that evidently took it's toll. Eighty year old hands that have already been damaged are not up to raking anymore, I guess.

Bob will be over in the next thirty minutes to pick me up for breakfast. After that, later this morning I will go to Independence to the Republican caucus. This is Kansas' first caucus. Our demented governor hopes to save a couple of million dollars to hold a caucus instead on a primary. I hate to spend half of Saturday at a caucus but I complain so much about the system and the candidates this year that I must go to have any authority at all for all my "letters to the editors". I will be home by 2:45 this afternoon.  I am hoping my son, Keith, will get with me to work out why this laptop won't recognize the printer. It says it's off the server but it can't be since I am online.

More later...

It was a huge day!  I fixed our lunch  after all. We just had it a little later.

Keith called and he logged onto my computer and had it fixed in five minutes.  The printer works now.

Then I worked on Bob's computer all afternoon. But I got the e-mail working again. Then I raked and bagged all the leaves on the west side of my apartment. Bob and I later sat in the lawn chairs on the carport and enjoyed the warm sunshine. Missy lay in the sun and enjoyed herself.

Then we cleaned Bob's floor mats on his car.

After we watched the news, Bob left. I couldn't find anything to watch on TV so I went out and raked and bagged the leaves on the east side of my apartment. I worked until dark.

Then I came in and took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner until 9:00. Then we went to bed.

4 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Mom I'll give you a ring later and remote in

Love you

Betty said...

Personally, I think caucuses are undemocratic. Only a relatively small number of voters actually come out for a caucus. We should do away with them.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Sounds like a long day was ahead of you with that caucas to attend!

Margie's Musings said...

The caucus was filled to the brim. But I voted as soon as voting began and got back home by 11:15. I agree. Our state had a caucus to save 2 million dollars on a primary.
Kansas is a billion dollars over budget thanks to our governor who cut taxes on the rich in hopes of drawing business to the state. Obviously, it didn't work.v