Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thursday and a Celebration of Life

I slept fitfully last night and finally just got up and took a Benadryl tablet to get back to sleep. That worked and finally Missy woke me up at 5:30. She wanted her litter box cleaned out and her breakfast. Darn cat! Anyhow, I got up and did my usual morning chores. Got her treats and fresh cat food. Now she seems happy.

I am soaking some beans for lunch tomorrow.  Bob will need something to eat while I am gone.  We will have them tomorrow at noon and then I will send the rest home with him for Saturday.

When the florist opens I will go in and choose a plant or some flowers from our church for Bobby's  services today. I thought Leslie had probably taken care of that and evidently she didn't think of it. She had her hands full designing and printing off and folding 100 bulletins for the services today. I'm the one that's handy here so I will take care of it.

Bob just texted me that he would pick up some ham to put in the beans. That will add a lot of flavor. And it will give him something to carry him over the weekend. I will eat with the family at 11:30 at the church.

More later....

The service went fine! The one at the cemetery also went fine. There was a huge crowd there. Bobby's brother, Dean said, "Well, Bobby filled the church. The first time that's happened in a long time!".

David, the pastor there, did well too. He and his wife both have beautiful voices. They sang Amazing Grace. Some of the congregation shared their Bobby experiences after I did.

We went out to the cemetery and the crowd mostly followed us out.  David had not realized they would need a short devotion at the cemetery. Luckily I prepared...just in case. Bob took me by our church to leave the casket flowers. Karan wanted us to display them for Sunday. I hope they hold up well. This is only Thursday.

I came home and changed my clothes and got out of my dress clothes. Now it's 3:40 and I am very tired. Maybe I will read.

This is the stucco mudding going on at my son and daughter-in-law's new home.

 
I'll bet he's excited! Here's another scene!

It will probably be Sunday evening before I get back on here to bring an update. I leave after lunch tomorrow for my Women's Retreat.

More later...

I watched CNN for awhile with Missy. Then at 9:00, I went to bed. I was very glad this day was over. 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I hope your trip is memorable.