Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tuesday and Cakes Again

Today I have four cakes to take to Independence. I have to stop at the church and pick up Sue's. She left it there on Sunday. I hate that because that means I have to take that horrible detour to Independence. It is so hard on my car. Usually I would take the Sunflower road east of Coffeyville but when Sue leaves hers at the church for me to pick up, I have to take the rough detour.

I stayed up late last night to try to get Cox Communications on the phone. My e-mail would send but not receive.  I was on hold 9 minutes on my cell phone and another 6 minutes to just get one question answered. The question was "Is your e-mail server in Coffeyville down?" It took the tech a while to admit the entire state of Kansas was down. I took the opportunity to tell him how disappointed I have been with their service since they closed our local office. He apologized but I told him that wasn't  good enough.They have raised their rates every year (this year.. another $5.00) but their service has deteriorated to "terrible". I am paying $83.00 per month for the second from the bottom tier and my internet service. When I first signed up for their internet service ten years ago, it was $15.95.  Now it is $29.99 per month.  What a racket! And on top of everything else, they are a monopoly unless one wants to go to dish. We are 73 miles away from the nearest TV station so an antenna isn't an option.

Enough of a rant!

This morning the e-mail server was working again. At least the desktop computer e-mail was working. This laptop failed the e-mail test. When I finish the blog, I will reboot it and see if that helps.

I will also get my hair done while in Independence this morning. And we will go eat at Great China afterward.

Leslie got the bulletin for Thursday's service for Bobby finished last night. It turned out wonderful. She did such a good job! She found this on the internet and added it.



All Is Well
Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.

More later....

I ended up going out to church and getting Sue's cake so we could then go vote and then go on to Independence by using the Tyro road.

We delived the cakes and then I got my hair done.

After that, I went by the Equity Bank to try to find out why they sent me a statement about an IRA I supposedly had there. I have never had an IRA at Equity Bank or even at the First Federal that it used to be. But they had my name and address on it and the amount I was supposed to have set up and even the last four of my social security number. They even had my daughter's name penciled in as beneficiary. But I certainly didn't have over $3,000 to put into an IRA in May of 2014 and certainly didn't take out over $3,000 in February 2015. So it's a mystery to me and they are trying to locate the original document that is in Wichita to see the signature on it.

Then we went to eat lunch at Great China.

After that, I took Bob on home and then went out to South Coffeyville to the Woodshed to get gas for the car.

More even later...

This afternoon Missy and I spent a lot of time outside.  She loves being outside.  After I got the paper, I came back in to read it.  Soon Bob came over to watch the news and the CBS news.

After he left I took my bath and sat for awhile in the recliner with Miss Kitty. Then at 8:30, I went to bed. I was exhausted!

No comments: