Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday and Church

I did not sleep well last night! I was awake for a couple of hours. I just couldn't get back to sleep after waking up to go to the bathroom. Finally. I did get back to sleep after a couple of hours and when I got up I made the bed, dressed, made up my face and fixed my oatmeal and fed Missy.

Then I realized I was out of pecans and it is my time to fix coffee cake for church. So...I made a fast trip to the market and paid a premium for the pecans.  But now the coffeecake is in the oven. Many of the Church School group look forward to the coffeecake...especially my greats.  They usually have some with my son-in-law.  He likes it too. And I have the message today.

We may go over to Cherryvale for "Just Us" for lunch again today. Karan may go with us. Phyllis is out of town.  She probably went to Kansas City to see her older daughter and grandchildren.

Tomorrow I have to remember to go to the courthouse and get a copy of Scott and Ginger's marriage license. They have mislaid the original. Scott is usually so organized he knows exactly where all his important papers are. But this is the exception to the rule. So tomorrow I will go up to the courthouse and see if I can get a copy. Poor guy. He was so upset with himself.

More later....I'd better fix the icing for the coffeecake.

The coffeecake was  fine and mostly eaten. Church School went well too. The church service was only o.k. It wasn't one of my best efforts.

I preside next Sunday for a guest minister we are having.

We could have lunch at "Just Us". Jim has having surgery tomorrow so they were closed.  We ended up going to El Pueblo.  My lunch was cold so I wasn't all that happy with it.

I came home and did the congregational newsletter with the news from the congregation.  Afterward, I just read my book.

Bob came a little after 5:00 and stayed to watch the news with me and then went home at 7:00. I watched TV with Missy after I had my bath. We went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: