Sunday, May 8, 2016

Sunday Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. My kids all remembered it. Scott and Leslie sent flowers and I got a lovely card from Keith.  I will take the flowers to church to use on the worship center.  After the miniature roses stop blooming, I will plant them in my flower box.

John and Leslie are taking Jeromy and Marlene and the girls and me to a restaurant for lunch today.  That will be nice.

I slept pretty well last night but got hot. I had turned the air up and the room got warm. I finally got up and turned it down and then slept well. I sleep a lot better in a cool room.

I have had my breakfast and my coffee and chia latte. I have read the paper and worked the crossword puzzle.Missy must be in the den. She wanted to go outside but it was dark out there at that time so I refused.  She is in here now. I will see how nice it is out there and perhaps let her go out for awhile. I have to go with her to be sure she doesn't get into trouble.

More later...

My son, Scott and his wife, Ginger and her son, Nathan, spent Mother's day lunch at the Salty Pelican Bar and Grill.



This is the scene there. 

We had a nice congregation for church.  Afterward my daughter and her family went to Independence where we had a lovely lunch. My daughter gave me another gift at church. It was a cute bracelet. Sher bought one for herself too. I have put away  Bob's bracelet that I had been wearing since he died and began wearing the one Leslie gave me. John and Leslie also gave me a nice tomato plant in a large pot so I can grow container tomatoes this summer.  I have it out on the patio now. If we get severe storms this afternoon, I will move it back under the eaves.

Later I came home and read. I should have got sandpaper and began sanding on that table. But I wasn't in the mood somehow.

I did take a shower and wash my hair. It looked terrible. I should have done it before church but I didn't. Bob came over in the late afternoon to read the Sunday paper. He left fairly early so I had time to wash and dry my hair.

Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched some TV until shortly after 9:00 when I just had to go on to bed.

No comments: