Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday and Coffeecake

I slept well again last night. Nothing hurt. I am hoping the arm problem is over. It's been over a week since it's hurt.

This morning I will make my coffeecake for the church school class. I forgot last week. It's probably a good thing since we had a very small class. I would have had quite a bit left over. Even my little great grandchildren were gone. My daughter and her husband went camping over at Roaring River and so the little girls went to Topeka for the weekend to see their other grandparents. They should be back in their classes by this week. Phyllis was also gone to her daughter's in Overland Park. After having a cast on her foot for six weeks and being unable to drive, she wanted to get up there to see them.

I woke up several times in the night to go to the bathroom but otherwise slept fine.

Missy is patiently waiting for me to get through with this and get her breakfast so I will work on it later....

I got her breakfast and my own as well. Then I made up the coffeecake for the class. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Bob came about 8:20 to read the papers before we left for church. We left about 9:00 and there was a pretty good class at church. We are finishing up the book "Living the Questions" and will consider "The Great Emergence" next. I have been rereading it myself at home and Bill brought it up as a possibility. I can make copies of the first lesson  and we can decide whether to order the books then.

After Melissa came, we decided to take our guest minister and her husband over to "Just Us' for lunch. They were packed! Luckily, I had called ahead and Kay saved us a table. Kay put "reserved" on it.  Lunch, as usual, was good.

I came home and did my newsletters and am now considering what to do with the rest of the afternoon.

More later...I need to go get stamps.

Next Sunday we will have a basket dinner following church.  Several women will be gone so we will really have to struggle to get a meal together. Not only are we having a guest minister but there are seven coming from Chanute.

I worked on the congregational newsletter and read this afternoon and then at 5:00 Bob came over to watch the news and 60 minutes. After he left I took my bath and watched TV with Missy until 9:00. It was 8:30 when Leslie contacted me about the basket dinner. Until then, we had not known about the seven coming from Chanute and had just intended to take the guest minister to lunch. So we quickly had to put together a meal plan. 

No comments: