Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday and Exercises and Utopia

We will have exercises again today. Afterward we have invited Joanne to go to Utopia for cinnamon rolls and coffee with us. Unless she changes her mind, she will go.

I did not sleep all that well last night. Missy was restless and she sleeps on my bed. I did finally get back to sleep and feel fine. I have nothing in particular going today anyhow. I hope to read the book we will study in Church School this next month. It appears to be really interesting for such a progressive class as ours. I asked Bill to read it too and he agrees.

We will have our leftover chicken and noodles for lunch today with broccoli and Bob's coleslaw. We will eat later since we went to Utopia for cinnamon rolls. We may not be really hungry until later anyhow.

More later...Missy is being very patient here waiting for her breakfast.

We had our breakfast and Ginger, Scott's wife, texted me my itinerary for my Florida trip in December/January.  I leave December 20th  and come back January 4th.

Bob has decided to keep Missy here at my apartment. He thinks Missy would be miserable at John and Leslie's.

I plan to read this afternoon.

My daughter-in-law arranged the itinerary for my trip to Florida for the Christmas season this morning and sent me a copy of it. I am so excited to get to go spend Christmas with them.

I will spend Thanksgiving with my daughter and her husband.   

More even later..

Betty, my landlady, came this afternoon and brought one of her renters who is behind in her rent. She wants to work it out. She will have the woman paint the trim around my east door, which is peeling terribly. I asked her if the woman could help me  get my windows out and washed too. Betty agreed, even though she generally doesn't pay to have her renters windows done. I cannot get them out since there are three parts to remove and I don't believe they have ever been washed before. I spent a couple of hours cleaning up the area where the window comes out. It was filthy! Then I washed the windows too.

Betty called me back later and said if I wanted her to, she would come by and put it back in the frame. I told her I had cleaned it all up and washed that window myself. She came right over and put it back together for me. It looks so much better! Now the woman will come and paint on Monday and after I get back from Cherryvale, if she is still here, she will get the kitchen window out next. That will leave the bedroom and bathroom windows. Then on the west side there is the den window and the two front windows, which are a double.

When that is finished the windows will look so much better!

More later...I am bushed now and should just read this afternoon. I made out the paperwork for the doctor in Bartlesville who may do my surgery after the first of the year. I have an appointment December 15th for a consultation. I received the paperwork in the mail today and got it all filled out.

More later...

My son, Keith, called and we had a nice visit this evening.  

Bob came over this evening and we watched Brooks and Shields on PBS. We both like their commentary on the election.  We watch them every Friday evening sometime after 6:00 in the PBS Newshour.

When he left, I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched TV until 9:00. Then we went to bed. 

No comments: