Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday and Another Cold Day

I slept very well last night. I awoke a couple of times but got back to sleep both times. I am still sore this morning but I just took a couple of Acetaminophen and that should take care of that in awhile.

Bob just texted me to see if I was doing any better. He will drop by before he goes to exercise class.

I am going to fix a meatloaf today for lunch. We will have potatoes and peas and Bob will bring a salad.  I am ready for a meal. I did have Chinese yesterday after church but I am ready for some American food.

Tomorrow I will go to Independence and get my hair done. It looks terrible. Then we will eat at Big Cheese again, I guess, since we had Chinese yesterday.

More later....

Bob dropped by before his exercise class. When he left I decided I would walk over to the Dollar General store and buy some more Acetaminophen. I will need it this afternoon when this dose wears off.  I will walk over there in a few minutes. It's very cold out there and I will need a coat for sure.


It turned out to be a beautiful though brisk day. I put a coat on and walked a half block down to the Dollar General store and got the few things I needed. I also took the wet swifter and mopped the bathroom floor. Missy had strung some litter over it. I am doing a little better now. It takes Acetaminophen a long time to work.I took it before 8:00 this morning and it is after ten now and it only started working about 30 minutes ago and it still has not worked as well as in previous days. 

More after lunch..

I never did get the sort of relief that I have had in the past few days. I still had an awful bad "soreness" and the med didn't relieve that.

I did go ahead and fix lunch because I had defrosted the meat and it was good. But after Bob left, I lay down on the sofa and tried to rest. Karan brought her cake over once and otherwise I just lay on the sofa for a couple of hours.  I am going to take some more Acetaminophen is a little while.

More even later...

Bob came back over at 5:15 and stayed until 6:45. After he left,  Marilyn L. came over and brought two blueberry muffins and I ate one of them. They were still warm. Then I took two more Acetaminophen and took a sponge bath and put my p.j.s on and lay back down with Missy until 8:00 when I just gave up and went to bed. 


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope this soreness will be over soon. Healing may take awhile!
Hopefully, the help the surgery gives you will be worth this hurting!

Margie's Musings said...

I hope so..Sister-Three!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this cold a while. It sure sounds like a flu.