Saturday, January 14, 2017

Saturday and Breakfast Out

Even though it's nasty outside, we intend to go to breakfast at Eggberts this morning. I will drive. My car should not have ice on the windshield.  It sets under a carport. Bob's is out in the open.

I slept well again last night. That's a good thing. I have had about 4 days of good sleep now.

I probably won't go anywhere else today. The weather is too nasty. I will just read my book. The apartment is clean and the laundry is done so there's nothing else to do. I guess I could gather up the things I want to put in the rummage sale in March at the senior center.

I still have that "network threat" on my desktop computer. It says my router is not configured correctly and it says the network threat is in an e-mail from Fed X.  I have never opened their attachment but evidently I don't need to to have their "network threat" invade my computer. I ran smart scan on Avast and nothing else was discovered.

More later...

The drive to Eggbert's for breakfast was not too bad. It is barely freezing so far.  I drove slowly so I would not skid. Mostly men were in there for breakfast. I was the only woman except for the waitresses.

I will read this afternoon. ...so more later.

I read most of the afternoon and soaked some beans for Monday. Bob came over for a little while. He was going to the bank to get some money. When he left I went to Country Mart and bought some ham pieces to put in them and some cornbread mix.

I guess I will go back to my book.

More later...

I finished my book! It was very interesting! It's amazing how little black history we got in school back in the 50's. This was the book, "Hidden Figures" and was about the black women mathematicians who worked on the math needed to design planes during World War II and their experiences during the civil rights movement and during the space program. It;s also a movie right now. I wish I could see it.. Coffeyville has no movie theater. The nearest one is in Independence Kansas twelve miles away and there is one in Bartlesville Oklahoma forty miles away too.

More even later...

Bob didn't come over this evening. It was just too nasty to get out. I took my bath and Missy and I lay on the sofa and watched TV until I simply couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. 

I went to bed shortly after 8:00. That may be a mistake.

No comments: