Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sunday and No Church

We will not have church this morning because of the ice storm. If it clears up by 3:00 I will attend the Martin Luther King service at the Church of God in Christ at 3:00. I told Judy I would do a write up for the newspapers about it. If the ice storm is still happening, I will not go and Judy will have to tell me how it went.

I slept well last night even though I went to bed very early. I was very tired. I don't know why. I mostly just read yesterday. But I did finish my book.

I did some laundry this morning. I noticed blood stains on the leg of my pajama bottoms. That was from the tear I got on my finger from Missy's claw a couple of nights ago.

I have dressed and had my breakfast and Missy has had hers. Depending on the weather, we may eat out today at El Pueblito.  Also I put some beans on to soak last night and they are in the slow cooker now with some of the ham pieces I bought yesterday and some onion. I bought cornbread mix yesterday and we will either have the spaghetti again for lunch on Monday or these beans and cornbread. At any rate, I have food ready for Bob on Wednesday when I go in for my surgery.

My friend, Gay, contacted me by e-mail last night. She has her class meeting on Wednesday and wanted me to go with her. I e-mailed her in return and told her that was the day of my surgery. So when I recover, I will try to meet her for lunch somewhere....perhaps at the newly redecorated Pizza Hut in Cherryvale. 

I have no idea what the recovery for these surgeries is like. I know I am expected to come home the next day so surely it can't be too bad.

More later....

I finally downloaded some photos I took while I was in Florida in December. This is the front porch where I sat and read a good deal of the time. See the wicker chair? Scott brought that down from the Lanai upstairs.


This is Chloe, Ginger's dog. She liked to come out with me and sun herself too. I only got a back photo of here here.
This part of the front of their house...showing the plantings there and the palm trees.

This is the front of the house and here you see Chloe too.

This is Eddy, Ginger's little cat. Both her animals were rescue animals. She loves these animals and they absolutely worship Ginger.

This is another view of the house from the street. Every day I took a long walk and I took my camera with me.

I thought I had some photos of the inside of the house too. But evidently I no longer have those.

I heard from Gay again. She said she woke up this morning with the realization that the 18th was the day of my surgery and so before she even read my e-mail she knew that reunion meeting wasn't going to work.

She had had the surgery though...years ago...so she was able to give me some idea of what the recovery was like then. It didn't sound too bad. But in those days, it wasn't an overnight stay in the hospital. I am glad to be going home the next day. there are too many infections from the hospital anymore and antibiotics are more and more resistant.

I contacted Phyllis F. and Bob and if we can get out to El Pueblito by being careful of the ice, we will all three have lunch there today.

More later...

We did eat there and afterward I took them home and went home myself to wait for the Martin Luther King service.

I attended the service and wrote a write up for it for the newspapers. I sent Judy the story I wrote but have not heard from her about it yet.  I will not send it in until I hear from her.

When I got home, Bob came over and we watched the news and then 60 Minutes.

After he left I took my bath and lay with Missy on the sofa until I simply could not stay awake.  Even without church it was a big day.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Phoebe is a Corgi...your favorite dog I bet.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, my daughter raises and sells Corgis, Sister=Three..

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie your photos are lovely!

As far as I know, Corgis are the favorite of the Queen of England :)